To answer that - yes, you do. It’s the art of dance. You can’t have the complete experience if you don’t have the right shoes, the beautiful costume, and the perfect dance routine.
Dance shoes are important for you to dance smoothly and comfortably, especially if you want to do the waltz.
Ballroom dance shoes usually have a suede sole to allow for easy moments. It makes it easier to turn and to feel the dance floor.
You are less likely cause injury to your partner when you are wearing the proper pair of dance shoes.
Dance shoes are a good investment. They can actually last between 5 to 10 years. They are the only thing that you need to invest in to enjoy this fun hobby.
The costume follows, but if you should have good quality dance shoes. How much do they cost?
A good pair of dance shoes may cost[ approximately $90. If you are just starting to learn how to dance the waltz and can’t afford an expensive pair of shoes, you might be able to find a lot of styles at around $30 in some online shoe stores.
The [cost | price] goes up if the shoes have embellished designs or are considered as high fashion pairs.
How do I decide which type of dance shoes I should buy?
Most dance students start with a basic, all-purpose pair of dance shoes. They could be a sexy strappy high-heeled pair of shoes or a study comfortable practice pair, for women.
The choice is yours, whatever works well for you. It is not required for women in particular, to wear high heels.
If in the future you decide to join a dancing competition, it is better to wear the appropriate pair of shoes for each style of dance.
But if you are just new to dancing, any suede soled pair of shoes would be fine.
To help you with your purchase, check out these types of shoes:
· Smooth shoes are used to dance foxtrot, tango, Viennese waltz, and the basic waltz. These have closed toes and colored flesh.
They usually have a 2 to 3 inches heel, but the standard height is at 2 ½ inches.
· Latin shoes are used for cha-cha, swing, rumba, salsa, etc. These usually have straps, open toes, and flesh-tone. They have heels measuring 2 to 3 inches.
· Practice shoes are the most comfortable. They are used for teaching or practicing. They are often black with lace-up designs.
· Dance sneakers are more casual. They are cushioned to provide extra support. They come in handy when you need to practice for long periods.
· Argentine tango shoes usually have height heights of 3 inches and above. Professionals say the higher the better.
A lot of dance shoes are made overseas, particularly Italy and England. You’ll have to convert the sizes to your American size to make sure they will git you snugly.
The dance shoes should not feel tight but shouldn’t have extra room for the foot to move around.